Monday, June 10, 2013

Paris Theme

Naturally, Paris has a special place in my heart because it has a special place in our story, so a wedding with some Paris touches seems very appropriate. I would love to visit Paris again, and a destination wedding would be unbelievable, but it is more realistic for me to figure out how to bring Paris across the sea. Here are some of my favorite ideas of how to incorporate a Parisian look into your wedding ceremony and following reception.

Rings on Macarons
source
source

How cute is this? Macarons are tiny, colorful and delicious. What's not to like? Macarons were the first gift my fiance gave me, so they are sweet in multiple ways. The only problem: getting this picture in before devouring the tiny cookies. If you're feeling brave, here is a step-by-step guide to making macarons if you'd like to give it a shot yourself.

Macaron Pyramids:
source
source
Let's be honest. I would rather have my own macaron shop than a walk-in closet (though, it would be even cooler to have a macaron shop in a walk-in closet, no?). These macaron pyramids would be cute edible centerpieces for the tables or they could be a feature on a dessert table with other small sweets.

Paris Landmarks:
source
Can't afford a destination wedding? Bring Paris to your location with a walk through Paris-themed tables. If you're clever, you can arrange landmarks in an East to West formation if you are ambitious and strange like me. If you've been to Paris, feel free to add places significant to your trip, though they may not necessarily be main attractions. You can use figurines as favors, guiding guests to their seats. Another idea I like is printing napkins with a landmark stamp: classy meets rustic DIY.

Color schemes
source
source
source
One of the best parts of my trip was going to Versailles less than twenty miles from Paris and walking through royal palace halls. When I remember it, I remember the colors: rich gold, rose pink, stone white, sky blue and leaf green. The wallpaper of Marie Antoinette's bedroom was feminine and light pastel, a perfect scheme for flowers, bridesmaid dresses and tablescapes. Soft blooms in a textured golden vase, decorative china and shining, simple cutlery bring a romantic French feel to the meal. I also really like the idea of adding a Parisian touch to the invitations and/or save the dates, as above.

Have any clever ideas on adding elements of your favorite city to a wedding? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment