Friday, April 19, 2013

A Bit More About Us

In case you have no idea who we are (bonkers!) or if you want to know a bit more about our relationship, read on.

Christopher and I met our first years at university, me as an undergrad freshman and he as a first year graduate student. Yep. He was my TA (no worries: I earned my grade in that class). When the second semester arrived, though, he wanted to transfer schools. So I ended up doing a lot of this:

I should really think about some sort of frequent
 fliers deal.

And he did a lot of this:

Accompanied by several albums of music, of course.

And technology helped us out and let us do a lot of this:
FaceTime is a life saver.

Thankfully, we were able to see each other frequently when we had breaks in school. Most of the time, we would spend hours at Starbucks with drink refills, homework or internet to fill the afternoons. I think one Summer, I finished five books sitting outside at Starbucks.

Our Summer usuals.

We've been to Starbucks in Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, West Virginia,
Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts
(probably New Jersey), France and England.
We also really like going out for dinner and take advantage of those opportunities when we're together. We cook and bake (mostly on my part) a lot when we're together, but going out is incredibly relaxing and an additional treat, since we're kind of on vacation when we see each other.

Being long distance has given us the opportunity to travel a lot. Boston, Chicago, London, New York, Paris, Philadelphia and St. Louis are some of the major cities we've been to. We've visited or attended nine universities, a lot of which blossomed from Christopher's application process.

One of my favorite cities.
NYC skyline.

As Catholics (recently for myself; you can read about my conversion at my other blog), we really like visiting parishes wherever we go. We've heard Mass at eleven (and counting) parishes, stretching from the Midwest to the East coast to Europe.

St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC.

It doesn't matter too much where we go as long as we get to spend time together. We have so many inside jokes and stories we've accumulated over the last two years. He's my best friend and graciously allows for all the crazy ideas I dream up. I am really excited about our future adventures and can think of no better traveling companion.


1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely! So excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete